In the Arc Light

December 13, 2012

Such is Life

PC_I_DufuI don’t suggest that you read ‘Personal Concerns’ because Amit has published a tête-à-tête with me in his latest post at his riveting blog. You read Amit for what he pens.

His writing is intense yet panoramic, needle-sharp yet cosmic, breathless yet tempestuous. He sways the reader with his notations on emotions that sway the humans.

So, when he sent those questions to me about myself, all I could do was answer them. Maybe you will know a bit more about me when you read my interview there. Maybe you will discover one more blog that is inimitable. Maybe both, maybe none! Do read it, however: ‘Showcasing my Friends’.

22 Comments on “In the Arc Light”

1. Personal Concerns Says:

Coming from you….I take that as a wonderful surprise and as a very serious, very pleasant compliment!

Can’t say anything else but thanks!

Thanks!

2. arzvi Says:

Just read the whole interview, succinct out pour of words/emotions. You should write a book, and I would love to contribute to it :-p

3. debajyoti Says:

hey, that was an awesome read!!! glad to know so much about you. by the way, you turn an interview into a literary work :D.

even i am going to do a book review but only when your book is published.

4. Amit Says:

That was a very engrossing interview. The answer to the first question had me mesmerised. It was as if I was there.

5. meenakshi Says:

Wow, You are a magician with words. I was totally awed by your memories of you city Banares. very well put!

6. Akshay Kumar G Says:

Read the interview just now, it was great to know a bit more about your personal life. You left me intrigued with your short reply when asked about the book you are writing. All the more reason to wait for it. 🙂

7. Richa Says:

Read the interview and it was lovely to know your background. I hope you complete that book soon and take a shot at finishing the PhD too..although I doubt if formal degrees can do justice to your talent and I am sure you ll get plenty of accolades anyway!

I am happy you like my humble background. And Richa, I am just an earthen lamp to the thousand splendid suns out there. I am also not bothered about that PhD anymore. And I would just be happy to strut and fret my hour upon the stage and then be heard no more.

A million thanks for the encouragement!

8. soumyav Says:

Just finished reading Amit’s post and straight away landed here from the link! I have been following Amit’s blog since many months and it is always a pleasure reading the showcase.so as your interview was showcased,I knew upright I had to visit here!

Finally got around to your interview. It was great knowing about you. It was indeed a wealth of information about one of my favorite bloggers.

10. Corinne Rodrigues Says:

Enjoyed reading your interview, USP. I can now see where your love of literature and the word stem from – Benares has always been the cradle of languages. I lived in Allahabad for two and a half years when I young – my Dad being in the Army. Varanasi was on his beat too – so a couple of visits were made to your home city – which was so fascinating to a child. Good luck with your book/s – don’t let the ‘ordinary business of life’ stop you from getting it/them out.

I am glad you enjoyed my interview, Corinne. Allahabad is a fine city too. Varanasi is certainly not an ordinary city. Hordes of foreigners pouring in perennially despite the omnipresent filth and buggery stand testimony to the charm of this ancient, weird place. I am hoping to sail through the ‘ordinary business of life’ aboard the canoe of good wishes of my well meaning friends like you. A million thanks to you! 🙂